See the info in finnish or svenska or eesti
Summer Sound Festival is the largest electronic music festival in northern Europe. It takes place on 27.-29. 7 in the Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre. The festival area is built both inside and outside the building and provides excellent infrastructure for the most memorable event of the year.
The event opens at 18.00 on friday, and at 14.00 on the other days. It closes at 01.30. We recommend arriving early to avoid queuing.
Presale tickets can be purchased at Lippupiste
The prices are: 3 day ticket (fri-sun) 90 €, 2 day ticket (fri+sat or sat+sun) 70 € and 1 day ticket 49 €. At the gate the prices are higher.
Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre
HOW TO GET THERE
The Exhibition Centre is located in the Helsinki district of East Pasila, very close to the train station of Pasila.
Trams 7A, 7B ja 9 stop in front of the southern entrance of the Exhibition Centre.
Buses 506 ja 69 arrive at the Convention Centre. The closest stop for the lines 504 and 505 is located at the Pasila train station.
Both long distance and commuter trains stop at the Pasila station, 300 meters from the Exhibition Centre. The duration of the train from downtown Helsinki, the Central Railway Station only takes 5 minutes.
The distance from the Helsinki Airport is 13 kilometers. The most convenient way to the Exhibition Centre is by a taxi, this takes around 15 minutes. You can also take a bus 615 to the Central Railway Station and a train from there.
You can arrive by a car of your own, the Exhibition Centre has a parking garage for 2000 cars. However, to avoid traffic jams we recommend you take the public transport whenever necessary.
A map to the Exhibition Centre can be found here.
ARRIVING AND LEAVING
The entrance to the festival area is located at the main entrance of the Exhibition Centre. You can leave the area if you wish, the tickets are exchanged into bracelets at the door. There is a cloakroom for bags and excess clothing located at the entrance, the fee is 2,5 €.
Security checks take place at the door. It is prohibited to bring glass or dangerous objects, illegal substances or alcohol to the area. The security personnel has the right to refuse entry if the guest appears highly intoxicated or threatening.
The age limit to the festival is 18 years.
FOOD AND DRINKS
The festival area has several serving areas, so it is forbidden to bring your own alcohol in the area. It is also forbidden to bring in any kind of bottles and cans, also plastic ones.
For the hungry festival crowd there is a versatile food serving area where you can up your energy levels.
Cell phone cameras are permitted, and uploading photos and videos in the internet is both permitted and encouraged! Professional photo and video equipment is not permitted.
GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
The Exhibition Centre, and the whole festival area is accessible with a wheelchair. Also toilets for guests with disabilities are located at the Centre.
Hotel rooms with special prices can be booked at www.hotellimaailma.fi with the product code SUMMERSOUND
Holiday Inn Exhibition Centre
SUMMER SOUND FESTIVAL 2012 - SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS
At a large festival the right level of security is needed to make the festival a great experience for everyone. By following these instructions you will make sure that the festival will be a smooth experience for both you and everyone around you.
- Always follow the advice of the organizers and the security personnel.
- The age limit to the event is 18 years in all areas. Remember to have a government issued ID with you, and be prepared to present it if asked.
- When you arrive at the venue, and leave it, remember to mind the neighbors living nearby, and avoid littering. When everyone is left happy, we can organize the event in the forthcoming years as well!
- Have cash with you, by that you will make it quicker for you to buy drinks and food. There are also two ATMs located inside the festival area.
- Take care of your friends.
- Please not, that the festival production uses strobe and smoke effects, which can cause epileptic seizures for some individuals.
- You will need to present a valid ticket upon entering. The tickets include a unique code, that will grant your entry. Only buy tickets from official sales points (Tiketti and Lippupiste) to make sure that your ticket is genuine. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have a valid ticket!
- The tickets are exchanged for personal bracelets at the gate. Transferring the bracelet to another person is not permitted. The bracelets are designed in such a way, that they cannot be removed without breaking them. A broken bracelet will not grant an entry to the festival, so take good care of your bracelet.
- The ticket sales and bracelet exchange points will close at 01.00 daily. Remember to arrive early enough.
- After the ticket sales point you will have an option of leaving your belongings at the cloakroom before the security check.
- At the gates the festival's security personnel will perform a security check for everyone, making sure that no alcohol, bottles or dangerous items will enter the festival area. Bringing your own drinks and/or food to the festival area is also forbidden. You will be able to buy alcohol and high quality food inside the festival area.
- All objects made of glass are forbidden inside the festival area. This includes alcohol bottles, water bottles, baby food cans, and all empty bottles. Also all plastic bottles are forbidden. Items or substances that can be used for harming other people are forbidden. This includes firearms, knives, explosives, fireworks and torches. Bringing umbrellas into the festival area is not permitted. Laser pointers can be harmful for eyes, so they are forbidden, as well as all similar items. The confiscated items will be destroyed, this means that they will not be held for you or returned!
- All drug abuse will be reported to the police. Your entry to the festival can be refused, if any illegal substances are found on you upon the security check.
- Summer Sound Festival can also refuse the entry of an individual who is too severely intoxicated, aggressive, or in any way abusive toward the festival staff or other festival guests.
LOST & FOUND
- Items found during the festival will be taken to the Festival Info.
PROTECT YOUR HEARING
- At the festival area, especially in front of the stages, the sound levels can be momentarily higher than suggested by the health authorities. This can lead to hearing damage, so protect your hearing using earplugs or other protective apparel. You can buy earplugs at the festival area.
FIRST AID AND MEDICAL SERVICES
The Red Cross will provide first aid services at the festival area. The service will be available for the whole duration of the festival, and is located next to the Festival Info.
CAMERAS AND RECORDING DEVICES
- Unauthorized recording of the performances is forbidden by law (tekijänoikeuslaki § 2 & 45). Bringing video cameras and recording devices into the festival area is forbidden. Security personnel have the right to confiscate such equipment and recordings, if necessary. Recording video with pocket cameras and mobile phones is permitted.
- The parking facility of the Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre has parking space for 1000 cars. The cost of parking is 7 €/ day. You must walk to the festival area through the outside area. When leaving the parking you must prepare to be stopped for a breathalyzer by the local police.
Armin van Buuren (NL)
Dash Berlin (NL)
Markus Shulz (US)
Gareth Emery (UK)
Fedde le Grand (NL)
Andy Moor (UK)
Richard Durand (NL)
Chris Lake (UK)
Todd Terry (US)
Alex Kunnari (FI)
Heikki L (FI)
Dallas Superstars (FI)
Tom Fall (FI)
Something Good (FI)
Marcus Maison & Will Dragen (FI)
Mr A (FI)
Jay Mellin (FI)
Sergei Shkuroff (FI)